In the wake of Spain’s ambitious FUERZA 35 military modernization initiative, the ALAKRAN Light Mortar Carrier has emerged as a game-changing asset for the Spanish Army. Conceived by Spanish firms NTGS and everis Aerospace & Defense, this vehicle promises a revolution in mortar deployment and usage. This article delves into the advanced capabilities and specifications of this cutting-edge system.
Mortar systems have evolved considerably since their inception during World War I. Traditional systems often compromised mobility for firepower, making rapid deployments challenging. ALAKRAN’s arrival marks a paradigm shift, offering a perfect blend of speed, accuracy, and durability.
Sign up for Rage X
RAGE X offers intricate analyses of global conflicts, supplying real-time alerts, exclusive military intelligence, and human perspectives on war. It's your comprehensive source for global defense
No spam. Unsubscribe anytime.
• Proposed for the Spanish Army: VAMTAC ST5
Fire Control System
• Integrated Fire Control
• Operable from inside the cab or externally
• Stated accuracy: Under 2mils
• GIS Technology
• Zonal Shooting and Multiple Rounds / Simultaneous Impact functions
• Caliber: Up to 120mm
• Firing range: In excess of 8,000 meters
• Rate of fire: 12 rounds in the first minute, four rounds per minute thereafter
• Deploy and fire in under 30 seconds
• Redeploy within seconds after last round is fired
• Adaptable to different utility vehicles
• Ammunition: Capable of carrying up to 52 ready rounds of 120mm ammunition
Accuracy and Efficiency
• Low maintenance electro-pneumatic system
• Solid firing position facilitated by lowering the baseplate onto the ground
The ALAKRAN Light Mortar Carrier is more than just a military vehicle; it’s a force multiplier that elevates the capabilities of any armed force. As part of Spain’s FUERZA 35 initiative, ALAKRAN is setting a new standard in mobile artillery systems, promising to play a vital role in future conflicts and peacekeeping operations.