Military Aircrafts Dispatched to the Middle East:
2 x Royal Air Force Eurofighter Typhoon:
- Role: Primarily a multi-role fighter aircraft capable of air-to-air and air-to-surface operations.
- Highly agile with supersonic cruise capability.
- Equipped with advanced radar and sensor systems.
- Armed with a mix of air-to-air missiles, air-to-surface missiles, and precision-guided munitions.
1 x Royal Air Force Boeing Poseidon MRA1:
- Role: Maritime patrol and reconnaissance aircraft.
- Anti-submarine and anti-surface warfare.
- Equipped with advanced sensors and radar systems for maritime surveillance.
- Capable of long-endurance patrols.
1 x US Air Force Boeing RC-135V Rivet Joint:
- Role: Signals intelligence (SIGINT) aircraft.
- Collects and analyzes electronic signals and communications.
- Provides real-time on-scene intelligence collection, analysis, and dissemination capabilities.
1 x Royal Air Force Airbus KC2 Voyager:
- Role: Air-to-air refueling and transport aircraft.
- Provides air-to-air refueling for various aircraft.
- Capable of transporting personnel and cargo.
- Long-range and high-capacity fuel tanks for extended operations.
🇮🇱🇵🇸 Escalation Continues in Gaza
- An adviser to Israel's PM accused Hamas of crimes against humanity, warning that retribution begins tonight.
- Hamas is reportedly confronting an Israeli ground incursion in the northern area of the Gaza Strip.
- IDF clarified that the current ground incursion is not the full-scale invasion they had been preparing for.
- Israel's ambassador to the UN emphasized the necessity of rooting out Hamas from their underground networks.
- Israel's military informed Reuters and Agence France Presse about the inability to guarantee the safety of journalists in Gaza.
- Humanitarian organizations like Doctors Without Borders and the World Health Organization have lost contact with their teams in Gaza.
🇵🇸🇮🇱 Conflict Intensifies in Gaza
- Hamas confirms ongoing battles with the Israeli army on Gaza territory.
- Jordan's Foreign Minister acknowledges the onset of IDF's ground operation in Gaza.
- An IDF representative informs FOX News that the expanded operation in Gaza is not the anticipated ground stage.
- Connectivity issues arise as contact is lost with The Washington Post correspondents in Gaza and Starlink satellite data service is disabled in the Gaza sector.
🇺🇸 U.S. Military Updates
- The U.S. is set to upgrade its nuclear air bombs.
- A specialized communication and combat control aircraft, Bombardier Global Express E-11A of the U.S. Air Force, has arrived in the Middle East conflict zone, currently airborne for # 🇪🇬 Egyptian Air Defense Activity
- Egyptian air defense systems intercept two drones over the northeastern region of the Sinai Peninsula, originating from the southern part of the Red Sea.
🇮🇱 Escalation of Conflict in Gaza
• Internet connectivity has been entirely cut off in the Gaza sector amidst intensifying airstrikes, with many anticipating the initiation of ground operations by the IDF.
• Israeli Naval vessels are reported to be striking targets in the Gaza sector.
• The IDF begins its ground operation in the Gaza sector with a heavy barrage of artillery and tank fire. Gaza factions are mobilizing their formations in response.
• Arab media confirms the expanded ground operations by the IDF in the Gaza sector.
• Reports emerge of drone launches and ballistic missiles fired from Yemen towards Israel.
• Israeli official hints at the execution of the IDF ground invasion scenario in the Gaza sector tonight.
• Massive artillery preparation for the expanded ground operation in the Gaza sector is currently underway.
🇮🇱 Imminent Full-Scale Invasion of Gaza Strip
- Senior Israeli officials signal that a full-scale invasion of the Gaza Strip is set to commence in the coming hours, pronouncing "Tonight is the Night."
President Biden Briefed on Israel-Gaza Situation
- U.S. President Biden receives a briefing from his National Security Team concerning the latest developments in the Israel and Gaza situation.
🇮🇱 IDF Expansion of Ground Operations in Gaza
• The IDF is preparing to broaden its ground operations in Gaza tonight as tensions escalate.
• Israel is contemplating abandoning the hostage negotiation deal, leaning towards a full-scale invasion of Gaza as an alternative.
• This development signifies a potential shift in Israel’s strategic approach towards dealing with the Hamas-controlled territory.
🇯🇴 Jordanian Accusations at the UN
- Jordanian Foreign Minister Ayman Safadi accuses Israel of creating a 'perpetual hell on earth' in Gaza during his speech at the UN General Assembly.
🇺🇸 US Senate Resolution
- The US Senate unanimously passes a bipartisan resolution denouncing antisemitism at universities.
🇵🇸 Gaza Destruction
- Hamas-run government office reports 29,000 buildings completely destroyed in Gaza since the war's onset.
🇮🇱 Israel's UN Response
- Israel's Ambassador to the United Nations dismisses Jordan-backed draft UN resolution, stating it 'belongs in the dustbin of history'.
🇶🇦 Qatar's Sentence
- Qatar sentences 8 Indian nationals to death on charges of spying for Israel.
🇮🇱 IDF Raid on Jenin
- IDF conducts a raid on Jenin in the West Bank.
🇪🇬 Missile Strike on Taba, Egypt
- Five people injured in missile strike on Taba, Egypt.
🇮🇱 IDF's Navy Operations
- Al Jazeera reports IDF's Navy striking targets along the coast of Gaza.
🇺🇸 US Strikes on Northeastern Syria
- US strikes on northeastern Syria target sites used by the Iranian Revolutionary Guards and associated militias.
🇺🇸 US Airstrikes in Iraq and Syria
- US airstrikes conducted in retaliation over attacks by Iranian proxies on bases housing US troops in Iraq and Syria.
🇺🇸 US Officials on Iran's Involvement
- US officials state Iran's 'fingerprints are all over' recent attacks on American troops in Iraq and Syria.
🛢 Oil Prices Rise
- Oil prices increase over 1% due to rising Middle East tensions.
🇮🇱 Israeli Threat Detection Over Red Sea
- Israeli military spokesman states a threat was detected over the Red Sea, with the explosion in Egypt believed to be the source.
- A projectile falls in the Egyptian town of Nuweiba, on the Red Sea coast.
- Egypt's military attributes the incident at Taba to the crashing of an unidentified drone.
🇺🇸 US Retaliatory Airstrikes in Iraq and Syria
- US conducts airstrikes in retaliation to attacks by Iranian proxies on bases housing US troops in Iraq and Syria.
Day 20 of Ongoing Middle East Conflict - Summary
🇪🇺 EU-Ukraine Arms Supply Issue
• The European Union fails to supply promised million artillery ammunition to Ukraine, reflecting on broader international commitment issues.
🇵🇸🇮🇱 Middle East Tensions: Hamas and Israel
• Hamas ready to transfer civilian hostages in Gaza to Iran.
• Israeli military operations intensify in Gaza targeting Hamas infrastructure, eliciting criticisms from Turkey and Iran.
• Internal Israeli discord reported post thwarted October 7th Hamas attack.
🇺🇸 U.S. Military Deployment and Attacks
• 900 U.S. troops deployed to the Middle East, amidst repeated attacks on U.S. forces in Iraq and Syria by Iran-affiliated groups.
• Failed attack reported at Erbil in Iraq and claimed assault on U.S. forces at Al-Harir Air Base in the Erbil region by Islamic Resistance in Iraq.
🌍 Global Political Stances
• Turkish President Erdogan and Iran’s Foreign Minister criticize Israel’s actions in Gaza and U.S. support to Israel respectively.
• Japan calls for a temporary cessation of hostilities in Gaza for humanitarian aid delivery.
🇺🇸 U.S. National Developments
• President Biden emphasizes continued economic growth amidst decreasing inflation, urges against government shutdown, and advocates for stricter gun control measures post Maine mass shooting.
🇮🇱 Israeli Artillery Shelling
• Israeli artillery targets border region with Southern Lebanon, resulting in multiple fires near the towns of Al-Laboneh and Al-Naqoura.
🇮🇷🇮🇱 Negotiations and Diplomacy
• Iran’s Foreign Minister reveals Hamas’s willingness to release about 250 hostages to Iran if 6,000 Hamas and PIJ fighters are released from Israeli prisons.
• Russian foreign ministry reports a Hamas delegation visiting Moscow, though details remain unclear.